Diabetes is a common illness. Still some people over diagnose their children as being diabetic. In kids, simply drinking more or urinating often are not the warning signs of diabetes; as this must be accompanied by weight loss or other diabetic symptoms. Diabetes becomes harder to diagnose in adults and teens as here they are overweight if diagnosed with diabetes.
Here is the diabetes symptoms quiz that can aid to discover if your child is experiencing symptoms of diabetes. This diabetes symptoms quiz aids the person to diagnose diabetes.
- Is your child drinking a lot of water (polydipsia) but still feel thirsty?
- Is your child urinating more often?
- Is your child losing his weight without trying for it?
- Are his sores taking a longer healing time?
- Does he have itchy or dry skin?
- Is his vision becoming blurry?
- Is he feeling hungry or tired more often?
- Does he have a velvety dark rash on his neck?
- Is he experiencing some tingling sensation in his feet?
- Does he have higher levels of blood sugar?
- Does his urine ketone levels are high?
It is good to remember that warning signs of diabetes type 1 occur instantaneously but they take a longer time to develop. People can develop diabetes at any stage of his life.
If your child is experiencing these warning signs of diabetes then you should contact the doctor immediately and start gathering as much information about diabetes as you can.